Born in Padua in 1936, he was professor of architectural design at Milan Politecnico. In 1975 he was a consultant to the UNESCO for the museums of Venezuela, and in 1984 he became a lecturer at the University of Architecture in Salvador de Bahia. In 1986 he held a seminar on “Problems of Museum History and Design” in Rio de Janeiro at the Fundaçao Nacional Pro-Memoria under the auspices of the PNUD-UNESCO.
In 1992-94 he was the lecturer in museum design at the School of Archaeology in Athens. He has collaborated with the Padiglione di Arte Contemporanea in Milan and the International Design Center in NY in architecture and design exhibitions. He shares his architect’s office with Marco Albini in Milan.
He realized numerous architectural projects linked to important museums over the world, to the Milan metro system and buildings’ restoration. He collaborated with San Lorenzo since 1970.